By: Anonymous –
The inaugural Wayhome Music Festival is in the books with memorable performances from iconic Canadian singer-songwriter Neil Young, rapper Kendrick Lamar, and UK crooner Sam Smith; alongside countless art installations and brand experiences. Here are the scribbled thoughts from one festivalgoer who tripped on acid over the course of a night while exploring the festival grounds.
- We are one.
- I connected with a higher intelligence – and reduced mine in the process.
- Despite what your dealer may say, mushrooms and LSD are two totally different drugs.
- Bitch, don’t kill my vibe.
- When travelling to other dimensions, always bring a co-space cadet.
- Time becoming non-linear means you can see your favourite band’s set twice.
- It’s hard to tell where the fireworks begin and the hallucinations end.
- Be nice to wastoids because we’ve all been there.
- Look at the trees.
- Don’t look at the trees.
- Water is good. Sometimes, also weird.
- If needed, use the non-VIP restrooms (AKA trees).
- Squeezing grapes is fun.
- Watch out for lumbering giants.
- Sometimes, the answer is both yes and no.
- A 4 a.m. marriage proposal at a music festival is a bad idea. (Sorry, Katie).
- Going to sleep before the sun rises is probably a good idea.
- It’s important to stay in touch with your inner (and biological) child.
- For some reason, my photos didn’t quite capture the experience (especially all the blurry ones).
- I will never forget/remember this night.
- Eventually, I found my Way Home.
See more of our Wayhome 2015 coverage here.