By: Staff –
The Pitchfork Music Festival, taking place Friday, July 14 through Sunday, July 16 at Chicago’s Union Park, has announced its 2017 headliners.
LCD Soundsystem will headline on Friday night, followed by A Tribe Called Quest on Saturday night, with Solange closing out the festival on Sunday.
Additionally, the Pitchfork Music Festival is honored to announce a special collaboration with Saint Heron, the innovative label and arts platform founded by Solange Knowles. The Saint Heron-curated event series will feature an onsite art installation, film screening, artist talks, late night jazz jam sessions, and more. These will take place from Thursday, July 13th through Sunday, July 16th at various locations throughout Chicago:
- Thursday, July 13th @ Black Cinema House at the Stony Island Arts Bank – Saint Heron curated evening of film and discussion.
- Friday, July 14th @ Soho House Chicago – Poetry reading and discussion presented by Young Chicago Authors and Saint Heron
- Saturday, July 15th @ The Promontory – Saint Heron Presents an After Fest Jazz Jam & Party featuring the select house band and special surprise guests
- Friday, July 14th – Sunday, July 16th @ On-site Saint Heron Installation Space – Saint Heron will feature works from contemporary black art makers for the duration of the festival.
Further details about the Saint Heron-curated event series and more of this year’s lineup will be announced in the weeks ahead.
As of today, ticket prices have increased to $75 a day, and $175 for a three-day pass. A layaway option for regularly priced three-day passes is also being offered, where you will be able to pay the $175 price over three installments. This offer will expire on March 1.
This year, Pitchfork also announces Pitchfork +PLUS—an additional ticket tier allowing attendees to enjoy exclusive amenities during the weekend, available at $365 for a three-day pass. Pitchfork +PLUS passes include everything that General Admissions passes provide plus:
- Access to premium food vendors
- Access to private specialty bars (21+ area)
- Deluxe air-conditioned bathrooms
- Shaded seating areas
- Cell-phone charging stations
- Storage lockers*
- Exclusive and expedited entry to Festival
- “Come and Go” re-entry access to the Festival grounds.