By: Staff –
Toronto-based pop artist Lo Lo is back with her brand new track “Yours”, which she wrote originally as a ballad. “Believe it or not, I got dumped on April Fools,” says Lo Lo. “At first I cried a lot and ate copious amounts of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, but then I sat down to articulate how I felt, and “Yours” just poured right out of me. I soon realized, however, that it wasn’t one of those sad, slow breakup songs— because it doesn’t take itself too seriously. Instead of being super sad, it’s more like, UGH, this feeling sucks and I wish it wasn’t like this, but it is, and I’ll deal with it the best I can.”
To celebrate the release of “Yours”, Lo Lo curated “Makeups, Breakups, and F**k-ups” playlist, which you can stream exclusively on Aesthetic Magazine below.
- “My Boy” – Billie Eilish: Billie’s entire album, “don’t smile at me” is filled with epic break up songs. In this song specifically, I love how she has mastered the realness and sadness of a breakup, mixed perfectly with comedic and light tone. *2:05* is the best part 😉
- “Getting Over You” – Lauv: This song breaks my heart, but it’s also a major bop.
- “It Ain’t Me” – Kygo: This was my own personal break-up anthem last year, so I had to include it. I like that it’s a sad breakup song, but also empowering.
- “Somebody Else” – Verite. This is a cover of The 1975’s song, and I LOVE what Verite did with it. I’ve never heard lyrics that were more true when it comes to a breakup. This song describes the in-between stage so perfectly. When you’re kinda over someone, but also kinda not.
- “All Time Low” – Jon Bellion: This is a party breakup jam, PLUS he says my name in it 100 times 😉
- “Breakeven”- The Script: High school Lo Lo spent many nights in her bed blasting this song. One of the saddest things about a breakup— when one person is hurting more than the other.
- “Under Covers” – LeRiche: This is a super cute makeup song. Leriche is a new artist with the nicest voice, you gotta check him out if you like acoustic love songs.
- “Back To You” – Selena Gomez: Selena always knows how to pull on my heart-strings. I can definitely relate to the feeling of going back to someone again and again, even if you know it’s stupid. I secretly still hope her and Justin Bieber get married.
- “New Light” – John Mayer: John Mayer just keeps pushing out more and more great love songs…and have you seen the music video for this? Go watch it, immediately.
- “Uh Huh” – Julia Michaels: This is my favourite Julia Michaels song. I love the simple acoustic aspect to it and the words are just so raw and perfect.
- “Mistakes” – Tove Stryke: This song perfectly embodies the feeling when someone makes you WANT to f**k up. I’m loving Tove Stryke’s entire album, you gotta check it out.
- “Think Before I Talk” – Astrid S: Astrid S is adorable, and this song is catchy AF….And I can definitely learn a lesson or 2 from this song.
- “My Stupid Mouth” – John Mayer: This is a classic f**k up song, and my all time favourite John Mayer song. He gets me overtime when he ends the song and then goes “one more thing”…love him.
- “Let Her Go” – Passenger: One of the worst f**k ups is losing someone you love and not realizing it….but then realizing it.
- “Complicated” – Avril Lavigne: I needed to include an Avril Lavigne love song in here. Avril always knows how to let someone know they’ve f**cked up, in song form, and I respect that. Goals.