Advertisements
//
you're reading...
Music, Music News

Hedley loses management team, tour opening band, radio support following sexual misconduct allegations

By: Curtis Sindrey –

TORONTO, ON - JUNE 18: Jacob Hoggard of Hedley appears at the 2017 iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards in Toronto on June 18, 2017. (Photo: Orest Dorosh/Aesthetic Magazine)

TORONTO, ON – JUNE 18: Jacob Hoggard of Hedley appears at the 2017 iHeartRadio Much Music Video Awards in Toronto on June 18, 2017. (Photo: Orest Dorosh/Aesthetic Magazine)

Juno Award-winning band Hedley has lost their Canadian tour opener, Neon Dreams, radio station support, and their management team, following sexual misconduct allegations that came to light earlier this week.

Canadian four-piece EDM band, Neon Dreams, who was scheduled to open for Hedley on their ongoing “Cageless Tour”, posted a statement to their official Facebook page that said in part, “we can no longer in good conscience continue on the Cageless tour.”

“We understand this choice could negatively impact our band professionally but in the end we have to do what we feel is morally right,” the statement continued. “We would like to thank all the amazing fans that have made the first 8 shows on the tour the best experience of our lives. We are truly sorry to disappoint anybody that has purchased a ticket to see us perform and we hope to make it up to you in the future.”

Fellow tour opener Shawn Hook also posted a statement to his Facebook page, but denied he was leaving the tour. “I’m obviously disheartened by the recent allegations against the members of Hedley,” Hook said in a statement. “Going to a concert and meeting the Artist or the Band is one of the best experiences a fan can have. It saddens and angers me that any artist may have taken advantage of that experience. In the event such actions occurred, I hope those members will be held accountable. At this point in time, I am choosing to fulfill my contractual obligations and will remain on this tour for my fans across Canada who have purchased tickets to see me.”

Hedley’s management team at Watchdog Management and the Feldman Agency have also dropped them as clients. “Given the multiple allegations against Hedley, we have taken the decision to terminate our business relationship with the band, effective immediately,” both Feldman Agency and Watchdog Management tweeted this afternoon (Feb. 16th).

In addition, several radio stations, including CBC, and Corus Radio, have all stopped playing Hedley’s music.

The hashtag #outHedley2k18 surfaced on Twitter earlier this week and has since featured numerous stories from fans alleging sexual misconduct against members of Hedley. Since then, the Juno Awards canceled their performance at this year’s ceremony in Vancouver on March 25th, have been allegedly investigated for drugging an underage fan in 2005, and have released a statement in response to the allegations that read in part, “there was a time, in the past, when we engaged in a lifestyle that incorporated certain rock and roll clichés.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Advertisements
Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: